Friday, August 7 I took a trip to Massillon, Ohio to attend a conference I hadn’t been to before…I wanted to venture out of the 270 corridor to expand my PLN and to meet some new people. This conference didn’t disappoint. There were a lot of different sessions to choose from…maybe too many. I wanted to go to so many but didn’t have the time.
#SPARCC15 or Stark/Portage Area Computer Consortium Conference was held at RG Drage Career Center. Our day began with a gathering in the auditorium for a discussion on the Four C’s by Eric Curtis and Anthony Luscre.
The Four C’s (21st century skills)
- Communication – sharing thoughts, questions, ideas and solutions
- Collaboration – work together to read a goal-putting talent, expertise and smarts to work
- Critical Thinking – look at problems in a new way, linking learning across subjects and disciplines
- Creativity – try new approaches to get things done equals innovation and invention
Their challenge for us…The 4C/3A Challenge
- Appraise your teaching and tools with the 4 C’s
- Apprise your students of the 4 C’s
- Apply the 4 C’s in your professional life
https://papermine.com/pub/1287371/ I led a session on Twitter…I loved the conversation and the questions the participants were asking and enjoyed how we used Edmodo to upload documents and to welcome the members of our class. My hope is that I was able to introduce something new to them today and they are able to teach others.
Next I attended a session on Edmodo…this is a tool I have never used before so I felt I could learn a lot and boy was I right. Their presentation was a scavenger hunt for the participants to complete and they presented using Goggle Sides. The scavenger hunt covered a lot of necessary topics if you’re trying to used Edomdo for the first time.
The last session I attended was Educational Duct Tape – Jake Miller. He discussed different problems in his classroom and what tools he used to help solve the problem. He used many google apps for education, google chrome add-ons and extensions. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GmrT-VCHSBpEOuMEAbQfrQbv8HJL-4BlOYQGb0gywRw/edit?usp=sharing