Standard #1: Principals help create a shared vision and clear goals for their students and ensure continuous progress toward achieving the goals.
- Meet with teachers in order to inform them when new initiatives begin in ELL.
- Set learning goals with students and continually progress monitor.
- Participate in planning and discussing building goals for school and district.
- Moderate weekly Twitter chat which provide opportunities to discuss change and improvements.
Standard #2: Principals support the implementation of high quality standards based instruction that results in higher levels of achievement for all students.
- Teach lessons according to the ELA Common Core Standards and the current LEP Standards in Ohio.
- Use research-based instructional strategies and personalize learning for students. Meet with classroom teachers to analyze data and needs of students.
- Advocate for students in classrooms for high-level teaching and learning.
- Participate in SST and IEP meetings for students and support other teachers as an SST Coach.
- Moderate weekly/bi-monthly Twitter chat for Dublin City Schools, #DubChat.
- Provide newsletter for teachers/staff each month with other ELL teachers.
Standard #3: Principals allocate resources and manage operations in order to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.
- Establish and maintain a safe and risk free environment in classroom through relationships built with students.
- Create a nurturing and inviting learning environment in classroom and create relationships with student in order to meet their needs.
- Purchased and maintained technology for ELL classrooms.
- Maintain a professional relationship with classroom teachers, bilingual aides and other support staff.
- Maintain professional ethics and conduct along with placing encouraging and inspiring notes in convenient locations.
Standard #4: Principals establish and sustain collaborative learning and shared leadership to promote learning and achievement of all students.
- Maintain a monthly schedule of ELL team meetings, Grade Level Team meetings, Core Lit Team meetings, Data Team meetings and SIT (School Improvement Team) meetings.
- Built relationships with and presented to the PTO officers in order to assist and support.
- Founder and moderator of district Twitter chat, which provides collaborative learning.
- Delegate and work with other teachers to accomplish goals and empower others by encouraging and praising.
Standard #5: Principals engage parents and community members in the educational process and create an environment where community resources support student-learning, achievement and well being.
- Maintain and PLN (Professional Learning Network) with other educators and leaders in order to improve student learning.
- Provide opportunities for parents to assist children with projects and classroom assignments.
- Maintain classroom blog and Twitter Page to communicate with families and communities.
- Provide technology tidbits in ELL newsletter monthly.